Thursday 19 May 2011

Buying Food...

I'm guessing a lot of you have already read about the protests against the development of a new store (Tesco) in Bristol, of which, it got me thinking as to where I buy my products from. I'll hold my hands up and admit that I too have been a culprit of this myself. However, I have over the past few years, begrudgingly wanted to continue with this nasty habit. Although, as a non driver, it isn't always that straight forward. I did however, live in Chorlton-cum-Hardy, of which, there was a fantastic little co-operative called Unicorn Grocery (http://www.unicorn-grocery.co.uk/) which sold local, wholesome organic food. If anyone reading this and just so happens to live that way, give it a go, you'll never go back. But, back to my initial point, has anyone given any further thought of the way in which a supermarket influences our spending habits? Are supermarkets partly to blame for our countries obesity and health problems? etc etc I'm not saying these are all entirely true but you can't help think that there is some connection...

So, as a point of trying to live a life that is detached and self sufficient, I shall be no longer ordering my weekly shop online with Asda and where possible, live without, make/grow my own or seek alternative local suppliers ...

Happy Reading Folks

No comments:

Post a Comment


First Attempt EVER 2010