Tuesday 31 May 2011

Willow Trellis...

So, for sometime I've been wanting to fix some trellises up around the back yard to grow some herbal flowers and to attract more bees and butterflies. This is something that I refuse to go out and buy when we're surrounded by acres of woodland. So, Sunday was a fun day for me collecting willow to weave into trellises. Somewhat challenging when the heifers try to eat the leaves from the willow plants whilst I'm carrying them across the fields. I felt like a walking canteen!! This is still a work in progress so pictures will follow shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Creatively woven willow is one of the best natural materials for trellising. When green and springy, willow can be woven into any desired shape. Trellises can be set in the ground or mounted in containers. Three-sided trellises can be woven as garden bowers.

    Trellises

    ReplyDelete


First Attempt EVER 2010